A giant asteroid the size of Big Ben is approaching the Earth
The exact size of the asteroid is unknown, but according to NASA, its length is estimated to be between 70 and 160 meters. The Daily Express said the height of the asteroid could exceed the height of the famous Big Ben or the Ferris Wheel in London.
Star, according to the news that the speed of approximately 36,700 miles per hour (approximately 60,000 kilometers per hour) SP1, the shortest distance between the world will take place on October 3. Asteroids will pass a distance of 5.39 million kilometers, which is more than 15 times the distance from the astronomical distance 0.03926 to the Moon.
Considering the size of the space, this distance is very close.
The speed at which it moves is approximately 60,000 kilometers per hour, and the shortest distance between the world and the world will take place on October 3rd.
Asteroid will travel to the world at a distance of 5.39 million kilometers from the astronomical distance of 0.03926, more than 15 times the distance from Earth to the Moon.
How prepared is our planet until a possible asteroid impact?
The American Aeronautics and Astronautics Department (NASA) was in action for this scenario, which is one of the most popular subjects in Hollywood films.
NASA has just announced plans on how to counter meteoristic hazards. NASA’s new roadmap foresees the joint work of many government agencies.
- The first step is to develop technologies for monitoring meteors.
NASA, which has been following such celestial bodies since the 1990s, envisions the establishment of powerful telescopes both on earth and in orbit.
- The second step will be to develop programs that will predict the impact of the collisions and put them into the model.
In this context, these programs, which will send data to all institutions, will provide simultaneous information flow.
- The third step is to stop the meteors to avoid a collision.
For this purpose, they will collide with the meteors or change their routes.
- The fourth step will be for the nations to interact with each other and the whole planet against the meteorite.
- The fifth and final objective is to evacuate or protect people if none of these steps is accomplished, or if there is no time to implement these steps.